From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing Gentoo as a xen guest
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:11:15
1 On 24 September 2015 12:05:31 CEST, hw <hw@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >I'm installing Gentoo as a xen PV guest. Do I need to install a
6 >bootloader like grub, or should I rather just specify the kernel to
7 >boot
8 >in the definition file of the guest? If I do the latter, what about
9 >the
10 >kernel command line?
11 >
12 >Is there anything I should consider? The host is also running Gentoo.
13
14 For PVs, I put the kernel on the host and specify it in the domain config. (Including the kernel commandline)
15
16 I only install the kernel and grub inside the VM for non PV domains.
19 Joost
20 --
21 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.