From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 15:05:19
1 Am Montag, 3. Mai 2010 schrieb Colleen Beamer:
2 > On 5/3/10, Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >> Is there a way I can fix this without having to do a complete reinstall?
4 > >
5 > > I would start by re-emerging xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse,
6 > > as suggested in the xorg-server ebuild messages.
7 > >
8 > > -- Remy
9 >
10 > How am I supposed to do this when I can't login and I can't kill X?
11
12 Dale already told you a way I also do it if my laptop hangs at X:
13 during the boot process it tells you "hit I to enter interactive mode".
14 Then, just say no when it asks you whether to start xdm/kdm/whatever.
15
16 Also, you can chroot into your system from your kubuntu cd just like it's done
17 in the installation handbook. Start your live cd, open a konsole, mount your
18 system and chroot into it.
19 env-update && source /etc/profile and you're goot to go for emerging stuff.
20 --
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
22 Windows: reboot. Linux: be root.