From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] switched from SiS to VIA chipset -> vesa framebuffer broken
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:15:01
1 Hi,
2
3 this is a really strange issue i'm having:
4
5 i changed the motherboard, nothing else. I know have a K8T800Pro based
6 motherboard. The old one was SiS-chipset based.
7
8 So i was already running the vesa frambuffer at 1280x1024, 16-bit. And
9 actually it worked perfect!
10
11 No, after the switch to the VIA-chipset based Motherboard, i don't see
12 the text that's printed to the screen. The resulition is switched, but
13 the upper half of the screen stays black. When the text reaches the
14 lower half, then i see the text, and then we come to the point, where
15 the consolefont is set. And guess what:
16
17 then suddenly everything works. I can see the text on the whole screen
18 and so on.
21 So something is wrong here.
22
23 Any clue, how i might fix it?