From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: bus error during compilation of gcc
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 19:57:15
1 On 2013-04-20, the guard <the.guard@××××.ru> wrote:
2
3 > The package i decided to install required a gcc rebuild so I started
4 > rebuilding it and got a bus error. I've googled and found suggestions
5 > to lower makeopts, but it didn't help.
6
7 Every time I've gotten bus errors when building things it turned out
8 to be a hardware problem.
9
10 Bad RAM, failing CPU, failing motherboard power supply capacitors, bad
11 disk controller card (obviously, that was a _long_ time ago).
12
13 If I were you, I'd start by running memtest86+ overnight.
16 Grant