From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movie editing softeware
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:26:19
1 On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 07:55:15 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
2
3 > With pretty much every bit of linux software I've found, I have to
4 > import my source into a project, make a meal of deleting the sections I
5 > don't want, and then I can't just "save a file", I have to tell the
6 > program loads of crap that I don't have a clue about, I just want my
7 > new file to be EXACTLY THE SAME as the original, just missing the bits
8 > I've deleted.
9
10 Avidemux works just like that, select the bits you don't want, delete
11 them, save using the copy codec, which does no transcoding.
12
13 Or you can use a different codec/bitrate/whatever if you also want to
14 reduce the size.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Power corrupts - absolute power is even more fun.