From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rooted/compromised Gentoo, seeking advice
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 03:04:13
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 11 Aug 2010, at 19:16, Dale wrote:
4 >> Stroller wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> On 10 Aug 2010, at 20:22, Hazen Valliant-Saunders wrote:
7 >>>> ...
8 >>>> Good Luck getting people to change them frequently and haveing your
9 >>>> techs and it departments meeting complexity and length policy.
10 >>>
11 >>> I'm pretty sure that's a trivial setting for expiration policy and a
12 >>> PAM plugin or option to enforce complexity.
13 >>
14 >> Thing about changing passwords to often, the person forgets what the
15 >> password is.
16 >
17 > Then don't change it with frequency.
18 >
19 > It was Mr Valliant-Saunders who seemed to be saying that that is
20 > difficult to enforce, and I was merely replying to him.
21 >
22 > Stroller.
25 For some reason I missed the original of his. I still can't find it
26 even tho it is quoted here. My reply wasn't to you but just a "general"
27 reply. Most of my replies are "general".
28
29 Nothing aimed at you tho.
30
31 Dale