From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mounting /var prior to invocation of /sbin/rc [CANCELLED]
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:40:46
1 I take it back. those files were leftover on the root partition.
2 Amit
3
4 Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
5 > Hi.
6 > I've a setup where /var resides on a separate partition than root.
7 > After boot, I see that /var is created on root and some files are
8 > written to it. E.G, the following folders are created:
9 >
10 > /var/lib/init.d/snapshot
11 > /var/lib/init.d/options
12 > /var/lib/init.d/daemons
13 > /var/lib/init.d/started
14 > /var/lib/init.d/starting
15 > /var/lib/init.d/inactive
16 > /var/lib/init.d/wasinactive
17 > /var/lib/init.d/stopping
18 > /var/lib/init.d/exclusive
19 > /var/lib/init.d/exitcodes
20 > /var/lib/init.d/scheduled
21 > /var/lib/init.d/coldplugged
22 > /var/lib/init.d/softscripts
23 >
24 > I'm suspecting that /sbin/rc is writing to /var prior to the mounting
25 > of the respective partition. Am I correct?
26 >
27 > Is there some commonly-used place in gentoo for specifying partitions
28 > that have to be mounted prior to writing a/m files?
29 >
30 > 10x,
31 > Amit