From: Paul Hoy <paul.hoy@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beagle on Gentoo Reiserfs filesystem - Possible?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:33:03
1 On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 06:54 +0200, Nagatoro wrote:
2 > Paul Hoy Gmail wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > I'm confused about running Beagle on a Gentoo reiserfs filesystem.
6 > >
7 > > Gentoo provides a HOWTO Beagle (http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Beagle)
8 > > and uses a reiserfs filesystem (included extended attributues) as an
9 > > example throughout. However, the Beagle Web site states in its FAQ
10 > > (http://www.beaglewiki.org/FAQ) that Beagle does not support Reiser4S:
11 > > "Reiser4 does not support the standard Linux extended attribute
12 > [...]
13 > > Any leads, hints, suggestions, solutions, answers?
14 > >
15 > Could it be the difference between reiserfs and reiser4 (ie version 3.6
16 > vs 4)?
17 >
18 > --
19 > Naga
20
21 Naga,
22
23 I think you're on to something. In my ignorance, I thought that reiser4
24 was some sort of typo, since I never heard of reiser4.
25
26 Thanks!
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list