From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making a init thingy. Step two I guess.
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 03:58:05
1 On Sep 18, 2011 9:22 AM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Michael Mol wrote:
5 >
6 > [snippage]
7 >
8 > > Ahhhhh. I see now. So, it mounts proc and sys but that is in the init
9 then
10 > > it mounts the real root outside the init. Then it umounts the proc and
11 sys
12 > > under the init and then switches to the real root and starts init there.
13 > >
14 > > Where does /usr and /var come in here? Isn't the init supposed to mount
15 > > that too? Do I add that myself? If so, when to fsck get ran?
16 >
17 > From the look of it, yeah, it'd be your responsibility to do that in
18 > the "# Do your stuff here." area.
19 >
20 > Probably why the script has a line that says: echo "This script mounts
21 > rootfs and boots it up, nothing more!"
24 Of course, you have to remember to mount usr in /mnt/root instead of in /
25
26 That switch_root thing, you know.
27
28 Rgds,