From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mdev + xorg + Gnome up and running. :-)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 01:42:55
1 On Mar 16, 2012 7:59 AM, "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 04:17:14AM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote
4 > > Hi, Gentoo.
5 > >
6 > > Yes, I've got Gnome going under mdev. Thanks to Mike Edenfield for the
7 > > tip about needing to configure things in xorg.conf.
8 > >
9 > > Here's how I did it:
10 >
11 > Great. Is that GNOME version 2 or version 3? I'm working on getting
12 > a simple webpage set up. The instructions and special cases are getting
13 > to be a bit much for an email. I hope to have the webhosting account set
14 > up on Friday, and DNS for the webpage propagated over the weekend.
17 Hmmm... are you planning to host an overlay?
18
19 If so, I'll be willing to donate some of my time to provide some patched
20 ebuilds for packages that can function without udev but lazily specify
21 DEPEND=sys-fs/udev...
22
23 ... and while at it, let's see if I can make a package containing scripts
24 to ease transitioning from udev to mdev. Maybe call it,
25 sys-utils/mdev-helper?
26
27 Rgds,