From: sempsteen <sempsteen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS -mcpu value for Celeron 2.00GHz
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:28:41
1 Hi, I was reading about CFLAGS to set it best for my system. I've searched
2 for the -mcpu value that fits my Intel Celeron 2.00GHz processor but
3 couldn't find it. By looking cpu family and model from Gentoo Wiki Safe
4 Cflags article <http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags> "pentium4" value seems
5 the best but i've a celeron?. In make.conf file its default value is i686:
6
7 CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe"
8 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
9 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
10 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
11
12 Please give me a hand, which value should i use for my processor?
13
14 # cat /proc/cpuinfo
15 processor : 0
16 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
17 cpu family : 15
18 model : 2
19 model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
20 stepping : 9
21 cpu MHz : 2020.343
22 cache size : 128 KB
23 fdiv_bug : no
24 hlt_bug : no
25 f00f_bug : no
26 coma_bug : no
27 fpu : yes
28 fpu_exception : yes
29 cpuid level : 2
30 wp : yes
31 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
32 pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
33 bogomips : 4046.07