From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no more googleearth in portage
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 06:59:26
1 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > I suppose it's due to Google's choice to support only Chrome, although I missed the Gentoo
3 > news bit if there was one.
4 >
5 > For Android there is the really good Open Street Map application, are there any desktop
6 > alternatives in Portage for non-Chrome users? I know OSM has a web interface but I'd
7 > prefer a standalone application.
8 >
9 > raffaele
14 If it helps any, I still have it installed and I rescued the ebuild
15 folder.  I can send it to you if you want it, or anyone else, off list.
16 Let me know if you or anyone else is interested.  It's version
17 7.1.8.3036 but it works for me here.
18
19 I wasn't even aware that it had been removed.  I to like to look at
20 things from a above viewpoint and I don't have a phone or anything that
21 can use googleearth.  I'm glad you posted because I wouldn't have
22 noticed otherwise.
23
24 Just curious, could this be in a overlay somewhere?
25
26 Dale
27