From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:25:36
1 On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Is xorg-server-1.1.1 completely gone and I'm hosed? I'm not finding it
3 > on my my machine. The only variations on that theme seem to be in
4 > /var/db/pkg. No tar files, just other programming junk.
5
6 http://sources.gentoo.org/ is your friend :) Specifically:
7
8 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/gentoo-x86/x11-base/xorg-server/xorg-server-1.1.1-r5.ebuild
9
10 Every ebuild that has ever been in portage is available on CVS or via
11 the web viewcvs interface above. You'll probably need the patches for
12 this version from
13 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/x11-base/xorg-server/files/?hideattic=0
14 as well as whatever other split-ebuilds may be required to support
15 this version. It looks like it was obsoleted and deleted from the main
16 portage tree almost 2 years ago.
17
18 Download them, put them in your local overlay, mask newer-than-1.1
19 versions in your /etc/portage/* and hopefully your problem will be
20 solved. :)