From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cairo and NX, forever enemies
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:44:50
1 On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > On 11/05/2012 05:08:39 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Latest cairo 1.12.6 in ~arch breaks gtk+ programs in opensource
6 >> NX/x2go again, so if you wonder why you can't start Firefox or
7 >> Thunderbird in remote NX session, downgrade cairo on the server until
8 >> the nx libs are patched to work properly with it.
11 > Many thanks, I've been wondering why some applications fail in a remote NX
12 > session.
13 >
14 > Is there a bug report?
15
16 It's an ongoing problem for a long time (years?), there are various
17 bug reports all over the web. When new cairo releases break things
18 again usually nx-libs gets patched some time later... until then I
19 mask cairo :)