From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages failed to build during 17.0 -> 17.1 migration
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 22:49:57
1 On 2019.06.06 18:38, Ilya Trukhanov wrote:
2 > Namely x11-libs/libX11 and dev-libs/glib:
3 >
4 > - libX11 failed during configure because it couldn't find xcb;
5 > - glib failed during configure because it couldn't find libmount.
6 >
7 > Looks like it is an order issue, because after rebuilding
8 > x11-libs/libxcb and sys-apps/util-linux, both libX11 and glib built
9 > just
10 > fine.
11 >
12 > Should I report bugs for these? The news item says:
13 >
14 > >If you have any problems with the new profiles or the migration
15 > >procedure, please report a bug and make it block the tracker.
16 >
17 > But I'm a little reluctant to do so for various reasons.
18 >
19 I'm in the same situation. I've had several rebuild failures that
20 succeeded after re-emerging one/some of what they depend on, although I
21 would have expected those to also be rebuilt.
22
23 I wonder if the instructions should be "emerge -1 --deep /lib32
24 /usr/lib32" ? I'll have to try it once I'm done with the current set
25 of emerges.
26
27 Anyway - it probably does make sense to file the bug - the worst they
28 will do is close it as not a bug, and hopefully at least tell you what
29 you should have done to avoid the problem.