From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 32 bit firefox on 64 bit system
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 10:23:22
1 Is it possible?
2
3 Background: some time ago I converted my atom 330 system (ASUS ION) to
4 64 bits. RAM is about 3.3GB, but usage never approaches the limit. My
5 problem is that firefox went snail. chromium seems OK (I can't recall
6 whether it was faster on 32 bits, but anyway the difference is small).
7
8 Firefox runs OK on a faster computer (i3) in the same LAN (also 64
9 bits). I assume the problem is CPU or MO specific.
10
11 I thought of using a 32 bit firefox, while keeping a 64 bit system. I
12 use a 64 bit custom kernel with support for 32 bit binaries. The
13 question is, how to compile firefox? (It is OK if I have to recompile
14 basic libraries, as long as this is stable...)
15
16 TIA
17
18 Jorge Almeida