From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: XWindow appearing in a non-graphical tty. A bug or feature?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 19:20:39
1 On 2020-12-19, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 18/12/2020 18:04, gevisz wrote:
3 >> During the last 22 years, I got used to the setting
4 >> when the XWindow system appeared on one of
5 >> the "graphical" virtual terminals, mostly on tty6 or tty7.
6 >>
7 >> However, after installing a new Gentoo system with
8 >> gentoo-kernel, I found out that the XWindow system
9 >> started to appear in the same tty, where I started it
10 >> using the startx command, shadowing all that was
11 >> typed there including the messages from the xorg-server.
12 >>
13 >> So, I just wonder: "Is it a bug or a feature?"
14 >>
15 >> And where exactly can one configure it?
16 >
17 > Are you using systemd? In contrast to OpenRC, systemd launches X11 on
18 > the current TTY:
19
20 Not any more. The default profile now launches X11 on the current TTY
21 even if you're using OpenRC.
24 Grant