From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apple keyboards with Gentoo
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:36:13
1 A. Khattri a écrit :
2 > Anyone using an Apple USB keyboard with Gentoo Linux?
3 >
4 > Specifically, Im running XFCE4 and want to figure out how to map some
5 > keys and get some missing functionality. How can I set these up with
6 > X11/XFCE? Also, I can't seem to switch between X11 and the console (I
7 > think I can't even switch consoles outside of X11)
8 >
9 > Anyone have any pointers / FAQs?
10 >
11 > (I already Googled and an archive search proved fruitless).
14 I have a G4 iMac with a USB keyboard. My problem with (Gentoo) Linux was
15 to get the French keyboard to work. I did not solve it myself, but I
16 made use of the work of others:
17
18 http://www.linux-france.org/macintosh/clavier_gentoo.html
19 http://www.linux-france.org/macintosh/clavier_v4.html
20
21 This may not be very closely related to your case, but there would be no
22 harm in looking at those links to see what those people have done (if
23 you can manage to read French).
24
25 With the best.
26 Charles