From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How safe is it to change vanilla-USE-Flag in glibc?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 17:11:32
1 On 07/06/2016 01:02 PM, Franz Fellner wrote:
2 >>
3 >> It looks to me like USE=vanilla controls only whether or not bundled
4 >> timezone data is used. If that's the case (double-check!), it's probably
5 >> safe to unmerge timezone-data and re-emerge glibc with USE=vanilla.
6 >
7 > There is a huge glibc-2.23-patches-4.tar.bz2 in my DISTDIR and the patches get applied.
10 Yeah, but they get applied even with USE=vanilla. You can check by
11 beginning the emerge, and then hitting Ctrl-C while it's compiling.
12 Scroll up and you should see a bunch of "Applying..." lines.