From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -uD @system with lots of blocks!
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 13:21:35
1 On Thursday 09 Jan 2014 12:34:03 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 01:01:28PM +0100, Tamer Higazi wrote:
3 > > I want to update the system and then world, but still have a lots of
4 > > blocks and don't know how to solve that.
5 > >
6 > > emerge error output:
7 > > http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=XTKQHUjk
8 > >
9 > > On the gentoo forums nobody could help me.
10 > >
11 > > Perhaps here any ideas ?!
12 >
13 > Hi,
14 >
15 > try updating system and world at the same time. You have packages in system
16 > on which other packages in world depend. Try emerge -uvDNa @system @world
17 > If that doesn't help add backtrack as stated in the error: emerge -uvDNa
18 > @system @world --backtrack=30
19 >
20 > Most likely this will solve your issues. If not you could unmerge blocking
21 > packages but imho that's not a neat way. I'd rather emerge some selected
22 > packages manually (gobject-introspection and vala would be good candidates
23 > in your case) [use -v1 or you'll end up with a horribly cluttered world
24 > file]. If that doesn't work either it may be possible that there is no
25 > working upgrade path due to a too large version difference. In that case
26 > you could try to emerge intermediate versions manually (emerge -v1
27 > =<atom>-<version>)...
28
29 Also, careful when you are remerging packages which you previously
30 uninstalled, that you do not inadvertently add packages in world, when they do
31 not belong there (like libs and other dependencies).
34 Regards,
35 Mick