From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: suppressing the 'would you like to add --pretend' prompt when using emerge --ask
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 23:07:14
1 On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 21:51:22 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 14:22:44 -0500, »Q« wrote:
5 >
6 > > > ... What about aliasing emerge to sudo emerge? :-)
7 > >
8 > > Because sometimes I want to use sudo with emerge and sometimes
9 > > not. I do have sudo-included aliases for a couple of the more
10 > > common cases,
11 >
12 > Use \emerge when you don't want the alias?
13
14 I don't think I want to alias emerge, but thanks very much for that
15 tip! I've been escaping aliases by putting commands in single quotes
16 forever, not knowing I could do it with just a single backslash.