From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT logitech mouse recommendation (MX1000 vs G7)
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 19:47:51
1 Now that I have xorg-7.0-r1 installed, I am planning to upgrade my
2 logitech cordless mouseman optical to one of the new toys, either the
3 MX1000 or the G7. I have read the helpful gentoo-wiki entry.
4
5 I am looking for recommendations/experiences. Would I perceive any
6 difference between them? In particular
7
8 1. This is for a laptop (dell 5150) so there will also be the
9 synaptics two button touchpad on the keyboard. I assume either of
10 the two new mice would work and would not disable the touchpad (I
11 know about "alwayscore"). Correct?
12
13 2. I do not play high speed games, but would consider it a mild plus
14 if such games were better supported since my children (low 20s) do
15 play these games and very occasionally use my system.
16
17 thanks in advance,
18 allan
19 --