From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning redundant configuration files
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:09:53
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 16:57 on Wednesday 01 June 2011, David W Noon
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > We agree on the usefulness of a purge-like option but not on the
5 >
6 > >desirability or otherwise of the current default behaviour
7 >
8 > I called it an "annoyance". Having to clean up obsolete configuration
9 > files is just that, unless you can offer a better term.
12 Sounds like you want a --really-all suboption to -C
13
14 You could submit a feature request at b.g.o. but I feel the odds of getting it
15 implemented (or even a working patch accepted at all) are rather low.
16
17 Your suggestion runs counter to the general philosophy that runs through
18 Gentoo.
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com