From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:21:01
1 Hi all,
2 Main question is whether there is any change in the way I select
3 the fglrx driver with xorg-server-1.5?
4
5 I have a big emerge running on one of my MythTV frontends that uses
6 an old 2.6.19 kernel with an old 8.28 ati-driver package. The machine
7 does not use a keyboard or mouse. I cannot update either the kernel or
8 the ati-driver for hardware support reasons. When the emerge is
9 finished in a couple of hours do I need to change the xorg.conf file
10 at all to use the server with the fglrx driver or will it just work?
11
12 Thanks,
13 Mark