From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sysrescue+new asus mobo+secure boot=0
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 17:35:07
1 On Wed, 12 May 2021 13:10:56 -0400, John Blinka wrote:
2
3 > > This could possibly be KMS kicking in, try adding nomodeset to the
4 > > boot options. While you're editing the boot options, you may as well
5 > > remove any quiet or splash options too, so you can better see what is
6 > > going on.
9 > KMS… had to Google that. Not that I am fluent in this stuff
10 > (understatement!) but how does one add nomodeset to boot options, or
11 > edit boot options?
12
13 Press e at the boot menu, that's the usual key to edit the boot options.
14 You may have to press a key, usually space, to bring up the boot menu,
15 depending on the ISO you are using.
16
17 I'd be surprised to find that "Other OS" is a secure boot option, it
18 sounds like the option to run without secure boot.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 I don't know if I can assimilate one more Borg Tagline!