From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about Chromium
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:58:38
1 On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:25 PM, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dear All!
3 >
4 > I think Google Chrome/Chromium is an excellent browser and I have been
5 > using it for a year or more. But there is one issue which is
6 > disturbing me and I would like to know what is your experience.
7 >
8 > If I open more than 2-3 URL fast way the loading tabs and other
9 > already opened pages became frozen or terrible slow. I can't scrolling
10 > the already loaded or previously loaded pages till all the tabs are
11 > loaded. Or If I can scroll them than the scrolling is terribly slow.
12 > My network connection is excellent so we can exclude the network
13 > issue. On the other hand this behavior depends on how long time runs
14 > the browser. The more is the slower. Moreover, the used memory depends
15 > on the uptime of the browser as well. When it's reached the 1G than I
16 > always restart the browser.
17 >
18 > I experienced this on Linux and on Windows 7 as well. I'm using the
19 > latest (14.x) on Linux and the dev-channel (13.x) on Windows 7.
20 > Because of these problem I have to restart my browser once a day.
21 >
22 > I would like to know what is your experience and what do you do to
23 > avoid this issue?
24
25 I believe Chrome/Chromium as an outstanding bug upstream involving
26 back/fwd navigation queues which lead to browser-wide slowdowns. I've
27 found that, from time to time, I have to close the entire browser
28 (merely closing all open tabs isn't enough) to get things fixed.
31 :wq