From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Reinstall
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 18:09:06
1 Em dom., 19 de jun. de 2022 às 14:22, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> escreveu:
3 >
4 > On 2022-06-19, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Just for the sake of preventing a future failure, besides personal
7 > > files (minimum and obvious) the "world" file and the binary packages,
8 > > built along with the package installation, what else should I backup
9 > > so that I would be able to quickly restore the same full working
10 > > Gentoo in a new hardware without having to work from stage3 up? The
11 > > portage tree is one of those items, for sure. But what else?
12 >
13 > Make a backup copy of everything under /etc.
14 >
15 > I used to try to backup individual /etc/... files that I would need,
16 > but I always forgot something.
17 >
18 > --
19 > Grant