From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] #gentoo experiences
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:50:21
1 On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 11:56:09PM +1100, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm collecting information about people's experiences in #gentoo.
5 >
6 > I'm interested in both good and bad experiences, with users, developers,
7 > and operators. Basically, anything that anyone would care to share would
8 > be much appreciated.
9
10 When I go there to solve some problem or other, more often than not I do get
11 at least a reply. Not always right-on, and sometimes I get no response at
12 all. But I can't expect that, especially not with some very specific (or
13 very vague) questions.
14
15 But it seems to me, some particular and very competent members are there and
16 answer questions 24/7 and I am grateful for their expertise. Just recently I
17 went in about an out-of-date portage sync, and they immediately pointed me
18 to a BGO entry. *g*
19
20 Unfortunately, usually it is in the evening when I try to solve my problems,
21 so I can't hang out there very long myself to lend aid to others.
24 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
25 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
26
27 The greatest advantage of beer: no red wine stains!