From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to get edid info. for monitors in gentoo amd64
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:19:35
1 On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:58:21 +0000, Neil Walker wrote:
2
3 > The stable version (keyworded amd64, as you said) does not install
4 > get-edid. Try reading the Changelog.
5
6 I was referring to amd64 in general, as opposed to x86; I made no
7 mention of stable or testing builds. And the OP said that it read-edid was
8 not available on 64 bit at all, which is where my original reply was
9 directed.
10
11 However you look at it, a fully functional read-edid package is available
12 for a 64 bit environment, which was what the OP wanted to know.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 If you use envelopes, why not encryption?