From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb webcam
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:33:19
1 RYAN vAN GINNEKEN schrieb:
2 > Hello all i have a fairly fresh install of Gentoo 2008 and am trying to get my old usb webcam to work. Have tried to install spca5xx and gspca with emerge but always get the following errors for both. This is worry some as i would like the system to be as stable as possible but need my webcam to work.
3 >
4 > [snip]
5 >
6 > So i read the in handbook googled around a bit and added these to the /etc/portage/package.keywords however this did not work.
7 >
8 > media-video/gspca
9 > media-video/spca5xx
10 >
11 > [snip]
12 For me the keywords always look like that:
13
14 =www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.3 ~amd64
15 =dev-libs/nss-3.12 ~amd64
19 You also can use > or >= (I think) but you need a version number. Choose
20 ~ for you system like ~x86 (You don't need to specify I think)
21
22 kh