From: Blakawk <blakawk@×××××××××.com>
To: ML Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System hangs when enabling radeon power management
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:14:15
1 On 2012-01-09 11:51, Blakawk wrote:
2 > Hi folks !
3 >
4 > I am facing a problem since a week now when enabling radeon power
5 > management following KMS Power Management Options [1]. I have two
6 > radeon HD 9770 on my system in crossfire configuration, but on Linux
7 > I
8 > only use one of them (the first one on the PCI bus).
9
10 I mistyped the GPU's model name: it is an HD 6770 "Evergreen" using
11 JUNIPER firmware.
12
13 > When I switch the GPUs using the low profile, randomly, my system
14 > hangs. The problem is that I have nothing ! No kernel panic, no logs,
15 > really nothing. I tried everything, adding hard and soft lockup
16 > detection in the kernel did not help, I also enabled nmi_watchdog
17 > without success, tried kexec and kernel crash dumps either. I am
18 > getting to the point of booting the kernel using kgdb/kdb over a
19 > serial connection...
20 >
21 > As radeon guys on the IRC #radeon channel seems to be muted on this
22 > point, I would like to know if anyone here can lead me through a way
23 > to help debugging this problem, as the consequence of staying in
24 > default power profile make my GPU "burning" around 70°C...
25 >
26 > I can provide as many information as possible, and here is a little
27 > summary about my configuration:
28 > - Gentoo sources 3.2.0-r1,
29 > - in-kernel radeon module with KMS enabled,
30 > - ~amd64 keyword.
31 >
32 > Many thanks for your help.
33 >