From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: move to xfce and forget kde and gnome
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:09:24
1 On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I found it surprisingly painless. Note, I went through most of these
3 > steps with X *NOT* running; I switched to a terminal and stopped kdm
4 > before really going past step 2.
5
6 One additional note. Except for time spent compiling, this only took
7 about 3-4 hours. A lot of it was learning how virtual ebuilds work
8 (which led me to discover I needed to emerge awesome so that depclean
9 would drop knotify), and much of it was scratching my head over
10 circular dependencies and identifying the right point in the ring to
11 --unmerge to break the graph cycle.
12
13 I've been working from home all day today on the system. Only glitch
14 I've encountered was that I forgot to reset my .asoundrc after
15 removing pulseaudio.
18 :wq