From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python2 really really really gone? Scripts all broken?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 14:06:48
1 I confess, I never really read the fine print to the end because it
2 never occurred to me that python would be so gratuitously authoritarian
3 as that.
6 On 11/15/20 2:52 PM, Miles Malone wrote:
7 > Well yeah, after a *lot* of news items to that effect, and of course
8 > the fact it's been deprecated for years anyway, it's gone.  If you
9 > need the interpreter only for some scripts just select it in your
10 > world file, it'll be around a wee while longer, but the entire
11 > ecosystem is kaput, dead, gone, not coming back, so if your scripts
12 > are using any py2.7 libraries you're probably hot out of luck. Just
13 > the interpreter will be around a little bit longer because there's a
14 > few packages that for annoying reasons still need it just as a build
15 > dependency. Notably chromium
16 >
17 > On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 at 23:39, n952162 <n952162@×××.de