From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sharing an internet connection
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:30:35
1 > Hi again.  Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
2 >
3 > On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:42:55 -0700
4 > Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> Thanks Dan.  No matter what I do, I can't get the other laptop to
7 >> communicate with my laptop.  It can ping the router which is between
8 >> us, but it can't get to the other side.  I've got dnsmasq and
9 >> shorewall running on my laptop.  Any idea what the problem could be?
10 >
11 > Yes; the problem is probably the routing tables.
12
13 I moved the WAN from wlan0 to ppp0 and things started working. I
14 guess I must have made some other change at the same time. Thanks a
15 lot for your help. This is a really slick setup.
16
17 - Grant