From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 14:51:31
1 On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:01:24 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Personally, I can't see why all these additional config files and
4 > locations are required, rather than a single /etc/X11/xorg.conf. I
5 > have found all these back and forth changes to fdi's, xorg.conf.d and
6 > what have you, unnecessary and annoyingly time wasting.
7
8 They're not. All you have now is xorg.conf or xorg.conf.d, the same
9 settings but either in a single file or split for ease of maintenance -
10 it's your choice.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Geordi, show these children the antimatter - Picard