From: Andrew Frink <andrew.frink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - ipkungfu
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:42:46
1 On 1/11/06, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm trying to install ipkungfoo on my server box. I followed the
4 > instructions in the README file. When I went to start it, it gave me a
5 > string of errors, that I'm not sure how to fix:
6 >
7 > bullet ipkungfu # ipkungfu
8 > Checking configuration...
9 > FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
10 > iptables v1.3.4: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who?
11 > (do you need to insmod?)
12 > Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
13 >
14 > ipkungfu can't create new chains or the script was interrupted
15 > previously!
16 > Flushing iptables rulesets...
17 > FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
18 > iptables v1.3.4: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who?
19 > (do you need to insmod?)
20 > Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
21 > Clearing old chains and tables...
22 > cat: /proc/net/ip_tables_names: No such file or directory
23 > Your kernel lacks LOG support required by this script. Aborting.
24 >
25 > Any clues? It sounds to me like it's a kernel module thing, but what
26 > would a kernel module have to do with a firewall? It said that iptables
27 > might be out of date, but iptables was emerged right before ipkungfu.
28 > If it matters, the kernel info is:
29 >
30 > bullet ipkungfu # uname -a
31 > Linux bullet 2.6.14-gentoo-r5 #1 SMP Mon Dec 26 14:54:40 CST 2005 i586
32 > AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
35 > --
36 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
39 Michael,
40 there is a whole section in menuconfig "netfilter" the firewall is a kernel
41 thing. you need to have support in your kernel, although i would thing the
42 iptables ebuild would look for it.
45 if you are tired of virii look at http://fedora.redhat.com/
46 and for those of you still using AOL's messanger
47 try out http://gaim.sf.net/... and for photoshop see http://www.gimp.org
48 use http://www.gimp.org/