From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd - are we forced to switch?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 07:04:20
1 On 23 July 2013 08:54, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 23/07/13 08:43, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 23/07/13 00:46, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> This would be a lot less of an issue if someone just wrote a logind
7 >>> ebuild (wink wink) that provides consolekit like it was originally
8 >>> intended.
11 >> not possible, logind since systemd >= 205 requires systemd and won't
12 >> work on openrc, upstart, and such
13 >> as in, the idea of using logind outside of systemd is a dead end
14 >>
15 >> so keeping ConsoleKit in portage for long as it works for long as we
16 >> need openrc for Linux based systems
17 >> and when it no longer works, the contingency plan is to ship vendor
18 >> based polkit files that possibly either restore 'plugdev' group or
19 >> provide similar groups to ArchLinux like 'network', 'storage', 'power'
20 >> to split up the old 'plugdev'
23 > Wouldn't it be better to switch to systemd instead?
24
25 Is there a migration guide? According to google there is no any. (or I
26 haven't spend enough time to search)
29 -- Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando) -- http://sayusi.hu --
30 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
31 -- ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell