From: Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which motherboard ?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:58:51
1 Le 17/12/2010 18:26, Mark Knecht a gentiment tapote:
4 Jacques
5 Site web <https://sites.google.com/site/jacquesfr35/>
6
7 > On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Jacques Montier
8 > <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr> wrote:
9 >> Hi all,
10 >>
11 >> I have some questions about hardware choice.
12 >> Do you think those two motherboards are working on Linux with i5 760 or
13 >> i7 920 processor ?
14 >> - GA P55 US3L GIGABYTE
15 >> - Asus P6X58D-E
16 >>
17 >> Thank you very much,
18 >>
19 >> cheers,
22 >> --
23 >> Jacques
24 >
25 > I couldn't fine the Gigabyte at Newegg. Maybe you can find it and
26 > forward links to a product spec page?
27 >
28 > The Asus looks nice for a 920 processor. One thing - the SATA ports
29 > come out horizontally so make sure your case has enough room to route
30 > the cables. I bought an Intel MB like that for my wife's system and
31 > ended up only being able to use 4 of the 6 ports in the case I bought.
32 >
33 > I'm using an Asus Rampage II Extreme with an i7-980x which seems to
34 > have similar features. I suspect you'll be quite happy with the Asus.
35 >
36 > - Mark
39 Thank you Mark,
40