From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pulseaudio shuts off
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:26:28
1 Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> [11-12-11 13:16]:
2 > Hi, mcc
3 >
4 > Well, it was my hope to inspire you to also get rid of pulseaudio. Do you
5 > really need it? Is it a forced dependency to gwc ?
6 >
7 > Good luck
8 > Francisco
9 > --
10 > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
11 > and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
12 > one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
13 > - George Bernard Shaw
14
15 Everything else on my box works with plain alsa.
16 Unfortunately support for gwc has stopped and its alsa interface
17 --hrrrmm-- features the old interface (read:"is rotten and does
18 not work").
19 The only interface working with that piece of software is pulseaudio.
20
21 Thats"s why...
22
23 Best regards,