From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerging glib fails to create .la files
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:30:40
1 110820 Dale wrote:
2 > This is based on a quick read of your post.
3
4 Thanks for trying to help, but perhaps a bit too quick (smile) ?
5
6 > If you are just now noticing that .la files are missing,
7 > they have been removing .la files for quite some time now.
8
9 As I said, the files were created by the same 'glib' for my desktop.
10
11 > I would suggest running revdep-rebuild and it may take a few times.
12
13 As I said, I was in the midst of emerging the results of 'R-R --pretend',
14 when I got into this jam (it couldn't decide the pkg order anyway).
15
16 > I'm not sure if using a 2.2 version of portage would help on this or not.
17
18 My desktop machine uses 2.1.10.3 & there's no similar problem there,
19 so that seems unlikely to help.
20
21 I did update 'gnuconfig', which supports 'libtool',
22 so perhaps I need to remerge 'libtool',
23 but that still doesn't explain the missing .la files,
24 which I can only emphasise were created in my desktop machine.
28 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
29 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
30 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca