From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What is up with the libreoffice ebuild?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:09:58
1 On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:55:08 +0100
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Tuesday 06 September 2011 23:53:16 Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > Ninety-Ninety Rule Of Project Schedules - The first ninety percent
6 > > of the task takes ninety percent of the time, and the last ten
7 > > percent takes the other ninety percent of the time.
8 >
9 > Where I worked we used to say the first 50% of the project takes the
10 > first 90% of the time, and the other50% of the project takes the
11 > other 90% of the time.
14 Our rule of thumb for estimated schedules is to get the worst possible
15 estimate for how long it will take.
16
17 Then multiply by pi
20 Alan McKinnnon