From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] no audio
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 01:14:17
1 Hi group,
2
3 For a 2.6.19.5 kernel on a PIII w/SBLive soundcard
4 using snd-emu10k1 module. I emerged alsa-utils and
5 mp3blaster.
6
7 Ran #rc-update add alsasound boot
8
9 Ran alsaconf and let it write /etc/modules.d/alsa. It
10 concluded with a tell-tale pop from the speakers and
11 the message that my sound card was set up and ready to
12 use.
13
14 But mp3blaster won't play. Msg is "Failed to open
15 sound device"
16
17 Noticed under /dev/sound there was no 'audio' or 'dsp'
18 nodes so I made them w/ mknod.
19
20 No good, same msg.
21
22 Set ENABLE_OSS_EMUL="no" in /etc/conf.d/alsasound and
23 rebooted.
24
25 Ditto.
26
27 Is this a configuration problem or a soundcard problem
28 or is mp3blaster to blame?
29
30 FWIW modules loaded, alsamixer unmuted.
31
32 Maxim
36 ____________________________________________________________________________________Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
37 http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC