From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2006.1 profile and use flag changes
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:39:09
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 02 September 2006 23:05, b.n. wrote:
3 >
4 >> I personally don't understand at all why is not an official document
5 >> posted, just like the GCC or Xorg upgrade guides.
6 >> There should be an official "Upgrade to profile 2006.1 guide", period. I
7 >> would love to write it, but not being a dev I can't.
8 >>
9 >> Too bad, because usually Gentoo documentation is very good.
12 > Actually there is [1]. It just hasn't been updated with 2006.1.
13 >
14 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml
18 I still didn't see where they were telling us what USE flags were being
19 replaced by what. I likely have some USE flags that are worthless
20 because they have been changed. It seems the only way to find this out
21 is to wait until a compile fails and track it down.
22
23 I would love to have gotten a email that said: " USE tkinter has been
24 changed to tk. Please check your make.conf and make changes if
25 needed." Real short but at least I would have known that the USE flag
26 had changed.
27
28 Dale
29