From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage detects fake "world file problems" and packages that don't exist
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 23:03:42
1 If nothing else, I would start by adding a --verbose to that emerge
2 command. It may just confuse you worse, but it might add some useful
3 info.
4
5 On 2022.01.08 15:44, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
6 > This is weird. When doing:
7 >
8 > emerge -auDU @world
9 >
10 > Portage says:
11 >
12 > ============
13 > !!! Problems have been detected with your world file
14 > !!! Please run emaint --check world
17 > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
18 > !!! masked or don't exist:
19 > media-sound/pavucontrol media-sound/pulseeffects sys-block/gparted
20 >
21 > Nothing to merge; quitting.
23 >
24 > My world file is fine and "emaint --check world" doesn't find
25 > anything. Also, all these packages that portage claims are masked or
26 > don't exist are not masked and they exist.
27 >
28 > This is on ~amd64.
29 >
30 > I'm stumped :-/