From: Geralt <usr.gentoo@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] backup program recommendations?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:39:05
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using Clonezilla for my system backups, it's very easy to use and
4 restoring the backups actually works (that's normally the tricky part,
5 not copying everything to another medium) :-)
6 If it's just for data, I'm making a daily backup on a flash disk using
7 rsync and from time to time a backup on an external hdd drive using
8 again rsync. If you tar it up, you can't store the differences only
9 anymore, so you have to decide first what you want.
10
11 Oh and if you're using a ram-dvd you can access the dvd as if it were
12 a flash medium and just rsync/tar/... to it :-)
17 Geralt.