From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 22:23:09
1 On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:31:26 -0600, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2
3 > > And correct me if I'm wrong but with rsync if something dies in
4 > > process you can usually start it back up and complete the job without
5 > > starting over from scratch.
6 >
7 > If you use the --partial flag, yes. I don't think that is enabled by
8 > default.
9
10 The --partial flag applies to individual files, so it may help if the
11 copy fails partway through copying a very large file, it's more useful
12 when used with networked drives.
13
14 Rsync will carry on where it left of as far as fully copied files are
15 concerned.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Programming Language: (n.) a shorthand way of describing a series of bugs
22 to a computer or a programmer.