From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:08:35
1 On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 15:48 +0100, Jan Stępień wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Despite being a Gnome fan, I've been using few KDE apps, such as Amarok
5 > and Kile. I've emerged them on my Gentoo desktop with a Gnome
6 > environment. Unfortunately I'm not able to force a KDE apps to display
7 > Polish diacritical characters (e.g. ć, ł, ę). All I can see instead of
8 > them are small rectangles. I've tried to use qtconfig to change fonts
9 > but it hasn't solve the problem. In my USE flag "unicode" is disabled.
10 > I'm using ISO-8859-2 encoding.
11 >
12 > Taking into account that this is an international group, I hope that
13 > I'll be able to find someone who experienced similar problems and
14 > managed to find a solution. Help would be highly appreciated.
15
16 Disclaimer: I don't (often) use KDE...
17
18 But there is a Settings://Accessibility/Regional & Languages option (or
19 similiar). Have you using that and setting it to Polish?
20
21 ... also might want to check your $LANG and $LC_ALL environment
22 variables...
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list