From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unmasking qt5 and plasma 5
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 19:14:19
1 Am 09.01.2015 um 10:47 schrieb Dale:
2 > behrouz khosravi wrote:
5 >> Could be compiler differences, USE flags etc. I may give it a shot.
6 >> Just see what it looks like if nothing else. I just didn't want
7 >> to step
8 >> into water that was way over my head. ;-)
11 >> That is exactly my concern!
12 >> I tried to unmask it but it seemed to be a little hard!
15 > I peeked at it and it is both masked and keyworded. That is one
16 > reason for my question. When something is masked, it is either not
17 > ready for normal use OR has a security problem. There are sometimes
18 > other reasons but those are the two common reasons for that type of
19 > setting that I see.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
24
25 and most common: unmasking it might lead to an disagreeable situation
26 for some people because a lot of work is needed to proceed.