From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xtables-addons : Invalid module format
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:54:17
1 On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 20:32, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 20:24, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> That sounds like a symbol conflict, such as if you were to try to
5 >>> insert a module into a kernel, where the kernel already had the code
6 >>> built-in.
7 >>>
8 >>> Check your kernel configuration and ensure that all of the iptables
9 >>> stuff is built as modules, rather than built-in. Then (I suspect) it
10 >>> should be a matter of figuring out which module conflicts.
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> Hmmm... okay, I'll try to build another kernel.
14 >>
15 >> There's this whole page of "IPset" in `make menuconfig` that I had
16 >> naively set to built-in.
17 >>
18 >> I'll post updates.
21 > Well, whaddaya know...
22 >
23 > I set `CONFIG_IP_SET=m`, rebuild the kernel, and re-emerged
24 > xtables-addons, and...
25 >
26 > It works ! ! !
27 >
28 > Thank you so much :-)
29 >
30 > (If we ever meet, remind me to treat you to a nice mug o'beer -- or
31 > your preferred cold drink)
32
33 Not necessary. :)
34
35 Well, I do hope to be at Dragon*Con this year, so if you're in the area. ;)
38 :wq