From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't seem to remove DirectFB
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:40:06
1 On Wednesday 03 January 2007 15:36, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 January 2007 09:17, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3
4 [snip]
5
6 > > Affected packages are mostly beryl, emerald, gimp, gtk+2 and the
7 > > e17 supporting libs.
8 >
9 > It have been better to include the full output of `revdep-rebuild -i
10 > -vp` either inline or attached as a compressed file...
11
12 I didn't do that as it's very long, and I was actually looking for a
13 deeper understanding of what's going on below the covers. Which I think
14 you might have given below
15
16 [SNIP]
17
18 > > I get the revdep-rebuild output - the .la lists a lib that is not
19 > > longer there. But why the compile error? pygtk has no directfb USE
20 > > flag, and I can't figure out why it would want to grep
21 > > /usr/lib/libdirectfb.la.
22 >
23 > [SNIP]
24 >
25 > Because it links against cairo which is still linked against
26 > libdirectfb.la. revdep-rebuild makes no attempt (or fails ;) to
27 > figure out in which order the packages should remerged. Cairo, pango
28 > and gtk+ are probably on the list from revdep-rebuild and should be
29 > remerged first (in that order)...
30
31 Ah, this makes sense, and I hadn't considered this indirection. emerge
32 world is still running so when it finishes I'll let you know if it
33 fixes things.
34
35 Thanks,
36